AboutStrategic Schwartzing® is a boutique consultancy based just outside of Manhattan who specializes in Hospitality Procurement and Procurement Operations. I have been actively involved in various aspects (corporate, regional, and property level) of the industry for the past 25 years. As a result, I have fined tuned my skills in negotiating, procurement, strategic sourcing, supply chain management, budgeting, finance & accounting operations. I am also well versed in IT, retail operations, design & construction, and establishing/maintaining brand standards.
What We DoI have become an expert in stepping into an organization, evaluating operations, then designing, implementing, and managing into the "steady state" the “Procure to Pay" process/program. In my latest engagement as VP of Procurement at LXR Luxury Resorts, I was so successful in completing the preceding; the parent company further utilized my skills across the remainder of their hospitality (budget, limited service, full service, resort and luxury hotels) and entertainment portfolio. This entailed interfacing daily with asset managers, designers, architects, project managers, contractors, flags/brands, finance, treasury, vendors, 3rd party managing agents, legal, and operations. At which time I was elevated to Procurement Advisor. In total, I have provided service to almost 250,000 owned rooms across the country.
Budgeting, value engineering and growing brand standards have created a tremendous need for someone to manage the day-to-day procurement needs. Rather then take the responsibility in house, we recommend outsourcing all of your procurement needs to Strategic Schwartzing. Some of the functions covered under our suite of services are:
- Prepare and analyze bid evaluations and oversee total cost of ownership (TCO) to the organization
- Prepare and develop RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs, in order to conduct due diligence
- Drafting Procurement Policy & Procedures in accordance with Accounting systems/procedures
- Effectively communicate and interact with internal clients and take part in special projects assigned to by the executive committee
- Expertise in analysis/review of Service Agreements, Contracts, Pricing, and Vendor Performance Metrics
- Knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, processes and systems such as Ariba, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Epicor, Eatec, Concur, Micros, and Aspen
- Proficient analytical and problem solving abilities and expert knowledge in computer skills/tools such as MS Office,Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Drafting and managing complex inventory and stocking agreements Food & Beverage: A complete spiral of services from product specification to vendor selection
- Energy Management
- Maintenance and Repair Orders (MRO)
- IT Infrastructure, Telephony, High Speed Internet Access (HSIA), and Audio Visual Services
- Capital Expense Leases
- Furniture, Fixture, & Equipment (FF&E), and Operating Supplies & Equipment (OS&E) specification, negotiations, and value engineering